Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as:
How we use your information
This privacy notice tells you how we, Ian Hart Funeral Service Ltd. will collect and use your personal data for provision of services, cookies, complaints etc.
Why does Ian Hart Funeral Service Ltd. need to collect and store personal data?
In order for us to provide you with a funeral service we need to collect personal data for fulfilment of the contract and any related correspondence. In any event, we are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
In terms of being contacted for marketing purposes Ian Hart Funeral Service Ltd. would contact you for separate consent.
Will Ian Hart Funeral Service Ltd. share my personal data with anyone else?
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to Ian Hart Funeral Service Ltd. in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service they provide on behalf of Ian Hart Funeral Service Ltd. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with Ian Hart Funeral Service Ltd’s procedures. If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
How will Ian Hart Funeral Service Ltd. use the personal data it collects about me?
Ian Hart Funeral Service Ltd. will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavor to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. Ian Hart Funeral Service Ltd. is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs.
Under what circumstances will Ian Hart Funeral Service Ltd. contact me?
Our aim is not to be intrusive, and we undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure.
Can I find out the personal data that the organisation holds about me?
Ian Hart Funeral Service Ltd. at your request, can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If Ian Hart Funeral Service Ltd. does hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data. In some cases, this will be a representative in the EU.
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of Ian Hart Funeral Service Ltd. or a third party, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
All data subjects whose personal data is collected, in line with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation.
2.1. Ian Hart Funeral Service Ltd. is responsible for ensuring that this notice is made available to data subjects prior to Ian Hart Funeral Service Ltd. collecting/processing their personal data.
2.2. All Employees of Ian Hart Funeral Service Ltd. who interact with data subjects are responsible for ensuring that this notice is drawn to the data subject’s attention and their consent to the processing of their data is secured.
3. Privacy notice
3.1. Who are we?
Ian Hart Funeral Service Ltd., 40 Oxford Road, Worthing BN11 1UT (Company number 05395740).
Ian Hart Funeral Service Ltd. provide full funeral services including re-patriation, memorials, interment of ashes. Ian Hart Funeral Service Ltd. operate to a strict code of practice set down by SAIF (The National Society of Allied & Independent Funeral Directors)
The personal data we would like to process on you is:
|Personal data type:||Source|
|Telephone number||data subject|
|Email address||data subject|
The personal data we collect will be used for the fulfilment of your funeral service.
Our legal basis for processing for the personal data:
- Fulfilment of a contract
The special categories of personal data concerned are:
- Religious Beliefs
By consenting to this privacy notice you are giving us permission to process your personal data specifically for the purposes identified.
Consent is required for Ian Hart Funeral Service Ltd. to process both types of personal data, but it must be explicitly given. Where we are asking you for sensitive personal data we will always tell you why and how the information will be used.
You may withdraw consent at any time by contacting us to update your preferences.
Ian Hart Funeral Service Ltd. will not pass on your personal data to third parties without first obtaining your consent. The following third parties may receive your personal data for the following purpose(s):
- A local crematorium for the purpose of organising cremation of the deceased
- A local cemetery for the purpose of organising burial of the deceased
- A nominated celebrant for the purpose of arranging details of the funeral service
- A local florist for the purpose of liaising with you for your floral tribute/s for the funeral service
- A local stonemason for the purpose of providing a memorial
- A local caterer/venue for the purpose of providing catering facilities before/after the funeral service.
- Your nominated charity for the purpose of registering/acknowledging charitable donations.
- Your chosen nursing home/hospice for the purpose of acknowledging floral donations.
Other third parties for the purpose of providing additional funeral supplies/services.
3.4 Retention period
Ian Hart Funeral Service Ltd. will process personal data for as long as is necessary to allow us to fulfil your funeral services and will store the personal data for 10 years.
3.5 Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that Ian Hart Funeral Service Ltd. refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined in clause 3.6 below.
All of the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved (as stated in 3.3 above) in the processing of your personal data.
The details for each of these contacts are:
|Supervisory authority contact details||Ian Hart Funeral Service Ltd. contact details|
|Contact Name:||Information Commissioner’s Office||Sue Hart (Director)|
|Address line 1:||92-94 Broadwater Street West|
|Address line 2:||Worthing|
|Address line 3:||West Sussex|
|Address line 4:||BN14 9DE|
|Address line 5:|
|Telephone:||0303 123 1113||01903 206299|